Long before Vito Russo lumbered onto the scene with his just-add-water gay pride, Parker Tyler had been producing erudite works about gay cinephilia, such as this one, possibly his best, Screening the Sexes.
Well informed and free of cant (and with a new introduction by Andrew Sarris), Screening the Sexes is an essential text for any gay movie lover, who doesn’t necessarily watch every movie through a rainbow-striped gauze.
- intheconcertroom likes this
- heresabook reblogged this from outrate
- iamacollectionofmiscellanyandtea reblogged this from deviatesinc
- iamacollectionofmiscellanyandtea likes this
- harcamone likes this
- maiaray reblogged this from deviatesinc
- hawaiianbistro reblogged this from loveisthewateroflife
- hawaiianbistro likes this
- loveisthewateroflife reblogged this from deviatesinc
- lesbo-supremacy likes this
- mzmew likes this
- deviatesinc reblogged this from outrate
- flowintothecity likes this
- outrate posted this